Como se diz “decepcionar alguém, desapontar alguém, desiludir alguém” em inglês?
let sb down > to disappoint someone by failing to do what you agreed to do or were expected to do.
Pratique com as sentenças e o áudio logo abaixo:
- I promised Jane I would meet her and I can’t let her down.
- You will be there tomorrow – you won’t let me down, will you?
- When I was sent to prison, I really felt I had let my parents down.
- I don’t want to let myself down in the exam.
- I let down all my friends by stealing.
- My children would never let me down.
- I’m relying on your help – please don’t let me down.
- She had been let down badly in the past.
- The worst feeling is having let our fans down.
- The families of the victims feel that the justice system has let them down.
- Don’t worry, I won’t let you down.
- This machine won’t let you down.
- She speaks French very fluently, but her pronunciation lets her down.
- if I let him down now, I knew he’d never trust me again.
- I had a daughter to support, and I couldn’t let her down.
- I will not fail you, I will not disappoint you and I will not let you down.
Example sentences > (Waytogo and Dictionaries: Cambridge/Longman/Collins/Oxford/Merriam-Webster/Macmillan)