Como se diz “ aturar alguém/algo, aguentar, suportar, tolerar, conformar-se com algo” em inglês?
put up with sb/sth > to accept somebody/something that is annoying, unpleasant, etc. without complaining, although you do not like it.
Pratique com as sentenças e o áudio logo abaixo:
- He’s so rude! I don’t know how you put up with him.
- I can put up with the house being messy, but I hate it if it’s not clean.
- He’s so moody – I don’t know why she puts up with him.
- I don’t know how he puts up with their constant complaining.
- How has Mary put up with him for so long?
- I will not put up with your bad behaviour any longer!
- We’d been unhappy for years, but I put up with it for the sake of the kids.
- He seems to think it’s something I’ve just got to put up with.
- She put up with his violent temper.
- I don’t know how she puts up with him.
- I’m not going to put up with their smoking any longer.
- We had to put up with the inconvenience.
- I’m too tired to put up with any nonsense.
- I have more important things to do than put up with more of her silly mind games.
- I’ve been putting up with the problem for a long time now.
Example sentences > (Waytogo and Dictionaries: Cambridge/Longman/Collins/Oxford/Merriam-Webster/Macmillan)