Como se diz “não se deixar enganar por alguém/algo, não se deixar iludir, ver além, ver algo claramente” em inglês?
see through (sb/sth) > to understand the truth about someone or something and not allow yourself to be deceived.
Pratique com as sentenças e o áudio logo abaixo:
- I saw through him at once.
- She saw through his excuse – he was trying to put the blame on someone else.
- We can all see through your little game.
- I’m not fooled that easily. I can see right through you.
- He always acts so generous, but I can see right through him – he only cares about himself, really.
- I saw through your little ruse from the start.
- You can’t fool me anymore. I can see through you and all your tricks.
- We saw through his superficial charm: he was obviously a liar.
- I saw through her excuses.
- She could never lie to him because she knows he’d see through her straight away.
- I can’t bluff – she’d see right through me.
- Should we pay them, or shouldn’t we? ” Jesus saw through their hypocrisy and said, “Why are you trying to trap me?
Example sentences > (Waytogo and Dictionaries: Cambridge/Longman/Collins/Oxford/Merriam-Webster/Macmillan)