Como se diz “entusiasmar-se, deixar-se levar, empolgar-se” em inglês?
be/get carried away > to be so excited about something that you cannot control what you say or do.
Pratique com as sentenças e o áudio logo abaixo:
- There’s far too much food – I’m afraid I got carried away!
- My mother gets carried away at Christmas and spends too much money on everything.
- Don’t let yourself be carried away by anything that disturbs your peace of mind.
- My brother got carried away with the movie and forgot to call his girlfriend.
- Investors should not be carried away.
- Don’t let yourself be carried away by a dream home if it’s out of your budget.
- Let’s not get carried away. The deal could still fall through.
- She was carried away by the man’s charm.
- He got carried away and drank too much beer.
- Once again I repeat, don’t let yourself be carried away by your emotions.
Example sentences > (Waytogo and Dictionaries: Cambridge/Longman/Collins/Oxford/Merriam-Webster/Macmillan)