Como se diz “pagar as contas, pagar as despesas, se sustentar, segurar as pontas, equilibrar as contas, dar conta do recado.” em inglês?
make ends meet > to have just enough money to pay for the things that you need, often with very little money.
Pratique com as sentenças e o áudio logo abaixo:
- It’s not easy to make ends meet with a big family, but somehow we manage.
- When my father lost his job, he could barely make ends meet.
- My mother had to work 12 hours a day in a factory just to make ends meet.
- My uncle has to work at two jobs to make ends meet.
- Since my sister lost her job, she’s finding it harder to make ends meet.
Example sentences (Cambridge/Collins/Longan Dictionary)