Aprenda mais com as sentenças e o áudio. Amplie seu vocabulário.
DOWN IN THE DUMPS | Since I started seeing my boyfriend, my friends have dumped me.
DEAR DEIDRE: SINCE I started seeing my boyfriend, my friends have dumped me. I’m heartbroken.
I’m 18 and in my first year at university and was so pleased to find a group of good friends. I’d never really had that before.
Then I met this lovely guy on my course, who’s 19, and we’ve been spending a lot of time together.
I thought my friends would be happy for me. Instead, they’ve stopped asking me to hang out.
We’re supposed to be sharing a house next year.
DEIDRE SAYS: Friendships can change once a boyfriend comes along.
Perhaps your friends are jealous or feel you no longer want to spend time with them.
Talk to them – perhaps pick the one you felt most close to – and say how hurt you are and that you would like to repair your friendships, as you value them.
My support pack Rows With Friends has useful tips.
- down in the dumps very sad and without much interest in life, feeling very depressed and miserable.
Tradução > na fossa, triste, deprimido, desanimado, sem vontade pra nada.
- dump sb to suddenly end a romantic relationship you have been having with someone.
Tradução > terminar, largar, dar o fora, dar um pé na bunda.
- hang out spend time, be with friends.
Tradução > sair com, ficar com, passar tempo com, encontrar alguém.
- be supposed to be expected.
Tradução > dever, deveria, estar/era para.
- come along appear, arrive.
Tradução > aparecer, surgir.
- jealous to feel resentment, bitterness, or hostility toward someone because they have something that you don’t.
Tradução > enciumado, com ciúmes.
- pick choose.
Tradução > escolher.
- row a loud, angry argument.
Tradução > discussão, briga, disputa.
- tip helpful information.
Tradução > dica.
Definitions: (Waytogo and Dictionary Cambridge/Collins/Longman/Macmillan/Oxford/Lexico)
Aprenda Inglês com texto e áudio. Texto de nativos para ampliar seu vocabulário de forma divertida e dinâmica. English audio and text. Dear Deidre, Lição com texto e áudio, melhore seu vocabulário.