Como se diz “perder as estribeiras, perder o controle, perder a cabeça, perder a paciência” em inglês?
fly off the handle > to suddenly get very angry, lose one’s temper suddenly and unexpectedly, to become uncontrollably angry without a good reason.
Pratique com as sentenças e o áudio logo abaixo:
- He flies off the handle every time she arrives late.
- My brother flew off the handle when I told him I had crashed the car.
- My aunt flies off the handle at the slightest thing.
- You have to be very careful because the boss flies off the handle very easily.
- It’s a shame the candidate allowed himself to fly off the handle like that during the debate.
- I know your sister is upset, but there’s no point flying off the handle like that.
- Every time anyone mentions taxes, my father flies off the handle.
- If she keeps flying off the handle like that, she’ll have a heart attack.
- When I finally decided to speak to him, he flew off the handle and shouted at me.
- My nephew flew off the handle when the train was canceled.
- This issue is personal for me – that’s why I’m flying off the handle.
- There are still moments when they fly off the handle, but for the most part they understand that they are safe here.
- I took a deep breath and tried not to fly off the handle.
- I became incredibly moody, flying off the handle at the least provocation.
- I’m sorry if it seems like I’m flying off the handle, but I’m just a bit disturbed and upset right now.
Example sentences: Waytogo and Dictionary Cambridge/Collins/Longan/Macmillan/Oxford/Lexico/ArticlesfromMedia)