Como se diz “descontar/descarregar algo em alguém, aliviar mau humor em alguém” em inglês?
take sth out on sb > to treat someone badly because you are upset or angry, even if they have done nothing wrong.
Pratique com as sentenças e o áudio logo abaixo:
- I know you’ve had a bad day, but you don’t have to take it out on me!
- He took out his anger on his family.
- I know you’ve got a headache, but don’t take it out on me!
- When he’s under pressure at work, he takes it out on his friends.
- I know you’re mad at him, but don’t take it out on me!
- He has been frustrated by the lack of progress, and unfortunately, he’s been taking it out on his coworkers.
- Don’t take it out on the cat.
- I know you’re angry about your grades but don’t take it out on me.
- Don’t take it out on me just because you’ve had a bad day.
- He took his wrath out on the chair.
- I’m sorry you didn’t get the job, but don’t take it out on me.
- I was upset and taking it out on you.
- She tended to take her frustrations out on her family.
Example sentences > (Waytogo and Dictionaries: Cambridge/Longman/Collins/Oxford/Merriam-Webster/Macmillan)