Como se diz “rebaixamento, descenso, divisão inferior” em inglês?
relegation > the transfer of a sports team or player to a lower division of a league. The bottom part of the table. (usually the last two or four places of the table).
Pratique com as sentenças e o áudio logo abaixo:
- Gomez bagged a goal for the visitors who earned three valuable points in the battle against relegation.
- After that, it has been a downhill slide for the team — in fact, they struggled to avoid relegation in the last three seasons.
- Aston Villa avoided relegation on the final day of the Premier League season as they drew 1-1.
- Premier League relegation battle: Six teams fighting to stay up with five games left.
- The race to escape relegation from the Premier League is hotting up.
- West Ham can calmly finish the season, while Watford must seriously fear relegation.
- It would be foolish to say we are in crisis and should be preparing for relegation after just two games.
- Fulham fans may be preparing for relegation tonight but club legend Gordon Davies has revealed it may not all be doom and gloom at the club.
- After losing their last three home games, they are now facing a relegation battle.
- The race to escape relegation from the Premier League this season continues as West Ham host Watford in this must-win game.
(Sentences: Waytogo and English Newspapers: Dailymail, TheSun, The Mirror, goal.com)