Como se diz “em suma, em poucas palavras, em resumo, resumidamente, resumindo” em inglês?
in a nutshell > very briefly, using few words, giving only the main points, express something in a simple direct way.
Pratique com as sentenças e o áudio logo abaixo:
- He gave me the facts in a nutshell.
- To put it in a nutshell, we lost the case.
- Please, tell me the story in a nutshell.
- The nurse explained the situation in a nutshell.
- Well, to put it in a nutshell, we’re going to have to start again.
- To put it in a nutshell, She wants me to leave the company.
- Let me put it in a nutshell. If you show up late again, you’re fired!
Example sentences (Cambridge/Collins/Longan Dictionary/Macmillan/Oxford)