MEAN GIRL| My girlfriend is always shouting at me and won’t tell me why.
DEAR DEIDRE: MY girlfriend shouts at me but won’t say why.
We’re both 18 and have been together for two years.
Lately she’s changed towards me.
She never calls me and if I call her, she doesn’t seem happy to hear from me.
Sometimes, she gets really irritable and mean.
I’ve messaged her asking if she still wants to be with me but she hasn’t replied.
Perhaps her feelings have changed, which can happen over time.
But she might be having a difficult time or have a problem she finds hard to talk about.
Tell her how you feel, say you are there for her and ask her to be honest.
My support pack Learning About Relationships will help.
- mean likely to become angry or violent.
Tradução > maldoso, mau, vil, cruel.
- shout (at) to say something in a loud voice, to speak loudly/angrily to somebody.
Tradução > gritar, berrar, bradar (com)
- won’t will not, refusal.
Tradução > não querer, recusar-se a.
- towards in relation to something or someone.
Tradução > em relação a.
- irritable getting annoyed easily, showing your anger.
Tradução > irritável, irritado, irritadiço, irritante, nervoso.
- over time gradually.
Tradução > com o tempo, ao longo do tempo, aos poucos.
- find hard to have a particular feeling or opinion about something.
Tradução > achar difícil, custar.
- be there for sb to be available if somebody wants to talk to you or if they need help.
Tradução > estar lá por alguém, estar presente, apoiar.
Definitions: (Waytogo and Dictionary Cambridge/Collins/Longman/Macmillan/Oxford/Lexico)