Como se diz “fazer um sacrifício, aguentar o tranco, ser firme, encarar, segurar as pontas” em inglês?
bite the bullet to force yourself to do something unpleasant or difficult, to be brave in a difficult situation, to accept that you have to do something unpleasant but necessary.
Pratique com as sentenças e o áudio logo abaixo:
- I hate going to the dentist, but I’ll just have to bite the bullet.
- I don’t actually enjoy cleaning, but I bite the bullet and do it .
- You are just going to have to bite the bullet and make the best of it.
- Peter bit the bullet and accepted what he needed to do.
- I finally bit the bullet and decided to organise the meeting.
- A lot of companies had to bite the bullet and lay off a lot of their employees.
- It’s not easy, but as a manager, sometimes you have to bite the bullet and fire people.
- We’ll just have to bite the bullet and get on with it.
- Betty wasn’t happy with the way her career was going so she decided to bite the bullet and look for another job.
- I’ll have to bite the bullet and start going to the gym.
Example sentences: Waytogo and Dictionary Cambridge/Collins/Longman/Macmillan/Oxford/Lexico/ArticlesfromMedia)