Como se diz no futebol “perder um gol feito, perder uma chance incrível de gol” em inglês?
a sitter no futebol significa “um gol feito, uma chance/gol incrível” e costuma aparecer com o verbo “miss“.
miss a sitter > a very easy scoring chance, an easy opportunity to score a goal that a player misses (usually in front of goal)
Pratique com as sentenças e o áudio logo abaixo:
- Liverpool could have extended the lead, but their striker missed a sitter from two yards out.’
- Arsenal striker has just missed a sitter against Chelsea.
- Hazard missed a sitter in the last minute after going round the goalkeeper.
- Inzaghi misses a sitter after a defensive blunder.
- It was an absolute sitter and Messi should have scored.
- Chelsea striker missed a sitter in Germany’s World Cup qualifier.
- Messi missed a sitter to wrap up the Copa America final for Argentina against Brazil.
- Morata missed a sitter for the second consecutive game.
- The forward missed a sitter in the early stages before scoring the opener.
- Inzaghi missed a sitter after being set up by Kaka.
- Alvaro Morata misses sitter as Euro campaign gets off to jittery start for Luis Enrique’s men. (www.the-sun.com/)
- Alvaro Morata missed a sitter as Spain were held to a 0-0 draw by Sweden. (www.the-sun.com/)
- Watch Kylian Mbappe’s shock as Neymar misses absolute sitter in PSG’s clash with Atalanta. (www.thescottishsun.co.uk)
- Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge missed an incredible sitter to give the Reds a crucial lead against Chelsea. (www.thesun.co.uk)
- Edin Dzeko misses the most incredible sitter you will ever see. (www.telegraph.co.uk)
(Sentences: Waytogo and English Newspapers: Dailymail, TheSun, The Mirror, Goal.com, etc)