the last/final straw significa “a gota d’água, o cúmulo, o fim da picada” em inglês? Agora que já sabemos o significado, vamos praticar com as sentenças e o áudio.
the last/final straw the latest problem in a series of problems, that makes a situation impossible to accept.
Pratique com as sentenças e o áudio logo abaixo:
- The final straw came after all his wife’s jewellery was stolen in two burglaries.
- It was the final straw for his parents.
- For some families, this kind of behaviour may be the final straw.
- When he didn’t come home that night, it was the last straw.
- My boyfriend lying to me about the money was the last straw.
- It had been a difficult week, so when the car broke down, it was the last straw.
- His electoral thefts were the last straw.
- She said that his affair was the last straw.
- That was the last straw! I can’t take any more of your abuse.
Portanto, Como se diz “a gota d’água, o cúmulo, o fim da picada” em inglês?
Example sentences: Waytogo and Dictionary Cambridge/Collins/Longman/Macmillan/Oxford/Lexico/ArticlesfromMedia)