Como se diz “cortar o barato, acabar com a graça/alegria, estragar a festa, frustrar alguém” em inglês?
burst your bubble to destroy somebody’s hopes, happiness, etc. To stop someone from being so happy or satisfied.
Pratique com as sentenças e o áudio logo abaixo:
- They seemed so happy, I couldn’t burst their bubble.
- He was so happy about marrying her, I couldn’t burst his bubble.
- I hate to burst your bubble, but that’s never going to happen.
- Even if you think I am being foolish, please don’t burst my bubble.
- Things are going really well for me. I just hope nothing happens to burst my bubble.
- I hate to burst your bubble, but there’s no way you can do it that fast.
- Manchester United had threatened to burst Arsenal’s bubble.
- I hate to burst your bubble, but I don’t think he remembers you.
- She might resent me for being the one to burst her bubble and it could ruin our close relationship.
- I’m very sorry to burst your bubble, but animals do feel emotions.
- Harry Kane insists Tottenham can burst Liverpool’s bubble in race for top four spot.
- People usually get cranky when you burst their bubble.
- Who dares to burst their bubble?
- I didn’t want to say something that would burst my mother’s bubble.
Example sentences: Waytogo and Dictionary Cambridge/Collins/Longan/Macmillan/Oxford/Lexico/ArticlesfromMedia)