nip (sth) in the bud significa “cortar o mal pela raiz, cortar pela raiz.” Agora que já sabemos o significado, vamos praticar com as sentenças e o áudio.
nip (sth) in the bud to stop a bad situation from becoming worse by taking action at an early stage of its development.
Pratique com as sentenças e o áudio logo abaixo:
- Many serious illnesses can be nipped in the bud if they are detected early enough.
- It’s important to nip this kind of bullying in the bud.
- We need to nip this bad behaviour in the bud.
- Why don’t we nip the issue in the bud before it starts affecting the entire squad?
- The whole idea was nipped in the bud.
- By arresting all the leaders, they nipped the rebellion in the bud.
- It is important to recognize jealousy as soon as possible and to nip it in the bud before it gets out of hand.
- This problem needs to be nipped in the bud before it is too late.
- I think that the government’s new proposal should be quickly nipped in the bud.
- It’s important to nip this problem in the bud.
- The idea is to nip minor school problems in the bud.
Example sentences: Waytogo and Dictionary Cambridge/Collins/Longan/Macmillan/Oxford/ArticlesfromMedia)
Portanto, Como se diz “cortar o mal pela raiz, cortar pela raiz.” em inglês?