Como se diz “adiar, deixar para outra hora, ficar/deixar para outro dia, deixar para outra vez, ficar/deixar para a próxima, marcar outro dia, deixar pra depois” em inglês?
take a rain check (on sth) > To refuse an offer or invitation but with the hope or promise that it can be postponed to a later date or time.
Pratique com as sentenças e o áudio logo abaixo:
- Can I take a rain check on that?
- Since you can’t join us for dinner, we’ll give you a rain check.
- They wanted me to come along for the ride but I took a rain check.
- I’m sorry, but I’ll have to take a rain check for dinner this Saturday. Would next weekend work for you?
- I’m sorry, I’m just too exhausted to go out tonight. Could I take a rain check?
- She says she’d like to take a rain check on it and do it in May.
- She didn’t turn you down she just took a rain check.
- I’m sorry but I’m busy on Saturday – can I take a rain check?
- Mind if I take a rain check on that drink? I have to work late tonight.
- Thanks mate but I’ll have to take a rain check. I’m not feeling very well today.
- Can I take a rain check? —I must get this finished tonight.
- I’ve got a lot of studying to do, I’ll have to take a rain check.
- I’ll have to take a rain check on dinner tonight, I have to study for an exam all night.
Example sentences: Waytogo and Dictionary Cambridge/Collins/Longan/Macmillan/Oxford/ArticlesfromMedia)